Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
We’re ready to step up our outfit game this holiday season, which means it’s time to get our looks in order before we run out of time. In the same boat? Whether you’re looking for a Thanksgiving ensemble or planning ahead for December, we’ve got you covered.
A chic dress or skirt are always our go-to picks, and we found so many different options that you’re bound to love just as much as we do. Check out our picks below!
Our Absolute Favorite: This dress truly has everything you could want from a holiday look! It’s made from velvet, feels sultry but stays modest enough for a family gathering — and it’s flattering too. The dress is also available in a number of hues that are too dreamy for the holidays — our top choice is the wine red version!
More mini dresses we love:
Midi and Maxi Dresses
Our Absolute Favorite: We’re completely obsessed with slinky slip dresses like this one, which will flatter a wide range of body types! What totally sells Us on this particular frock is the cowl neckline. So sleek!
More midi and maxi dresses that we love:
- Make a stylish statement in this Zalalus one-shoulder dress, which also has a lovely cutout — $39 at Amazon!
- Wearing a loose sweater dress, like this cable knit version, makes you feel at ease and ready to grub in style — $119 at Nordstrom!
- The square neckline and puffy sleeves on this Charles David sweater dress truly make it a special look — $89 at Nordstrom!
- This Dress the Population midi is so sleek and elegant, plus we love the flutter detail on the one-shoulder style — $148 at Nordstrom!
- Boho dresses which use autumnal colors, like this maxi from Madewell, are excellent for the season — specially if you’re looking for a Thanksgiving outfit — originally $118, now $71 at Nordstrom!
- We are loving the way this Eliza J dress takes the classic tuxedo and turns it into a feminine look — $168 at Nordstrom!
Our Absolute Favorite: This faux-suede skirt isn’t just fab for the holidays — it’s a solid staple we can all wear year-round! We adore the warmer feel of this particular material, and when teamed with the right cozy sweater, this skirt is the best base for a festive outfit.
More mini skirts that love:
Midi and Maxi Skirts
Our Absolute Favorite: We know this skirt is simple, but that’s what makes it such a great garment to style and make your own! It’s made from a knit material that’s cozy and stretchy, so you’ll feel relaxed while wearing it. Plus, you can create a more casual look or dress it up with different tops!
More midi and maxi dresses we love:
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
Check out more of our picks and deals here!
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest outfits, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!