These fun pizza facts will dazzle even a chef from Southern Italy. If your child could eat acres of pizza and loves interesting facts about pizza, these coloring sheets are for them. Here’s a list of little-known pizza facts for the next time your kiddo plays trivia!
It doesn’t matter if it’s Super Bowl Sunday or on the international space station; pizza is about one of the most popular foods. Whether you prefer pizza as New York City thin crust or Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, the most expensive pizza, or a Hawaiian pizza, any pizza is delicious pizza.
10 Cool Pizza FACTS & More
Do you want to learn fun facts about pizza? We have the best pizza facts right here, perfect for adults and kids of all ages. Our pizza facts coloring sheets are great for your budding artist or the next Guinness World Records breaker.
The first pizzeria in the US was called Lombardi’s, after its founder Gennaro Lombardi. It was originally a grocery store before it started adding tomato sauce, olive oil, and mozzarella cheese on pounds of pizza crust. Although Italian immigrants were the first people to bring pizza to the states in the early 1900’s it didn’t become popular until after World War II by American soldiers.
- 93% of Americans order a pizza at least once a month.
- The first pizza is thought to have been invented in Naples in the early 1500s but Raffaele Esposito is the founder of modern pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza toppings choice in the U.S. However, potatoes and mayo are popular items on the mayo jaga in Japan.
- Americans consume an average of 350 slices of pizza every second. That’s a lot of pizza dough!
- The most expensive pizza in the world, the Louis XIII costs almost $12,000, and among its toppings are 3 types of caviar.
- Pizzerias in Scotland offer deep-fried pizza instead of baking it.
- Original pizzas in Italy were square-shaped, perfect for today’s pizza boxes.
- Annually, $38 billion worth of pizza is sold in the U.S.
- 17% of all restaurants in the United States are pizza restaurants!
- There are approximately 70,000 pizzerias across the country.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR PIZZA FACTS COLORING SHEETS
These pizza facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with pizza facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Pizza FACTS PDF FILE
MORE Fun facts COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
What was your favorite pizza fact?