Today we have the best preschool owl craft for kids with a printable owl template. While this works well as a preschool owl craft, kids of all ages can have some owl themed fun by printing, cutting and pasting the wise owl craft together. It is a simple owl craft that works great at home or in the classroom.
Easy Owl Craft for Kids
This preschool owl craft is super cute and so easy to make with the printable owl template. I love having free printable crafts around for days when we’re stuck inside and desperately need an activity quickly even for my preschool age kid.
The printable owl tempate comes in 2 color combinations – you can choose to make your owl craft to make a blue/green owl or you can choose the pink/purple owl color combination. Print the owl cut out template multiple times to make a whole little owl family!
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make Printable Owl Craft for Kids
Supplies Needed for Owl Craft
Download & print your owl craft template pdf file here
Directions to Make Owl Craft with Owl Template
Step 1 – Choose Your Owl Template
Download & print owl template of your color choice.
Step 2 – Make Your Owl Cut Outs
Cut the pieces of the owl out. Before cutting out, you can glue to a card stock base and let the glue dry before cutting out if you want a thicker base for your owl craft.
Step 3 – Assemble Your Owl Paper Craft
Follow the little picture of the finished owl craft in the upper right corner of each printed owl craft template. I like to start at the bottom and move up by gluing on:
- Owl feet to owl body – note that the feet are glued from behind in our example
- Owl wings to owl body – note that the wings are glued from behind in our example
- Owl eyes
- Owl nose
Modifying Owl Paper Craft for Kids Ages
- For younger kids for a preschool owl craft, you can cut out the pieces ahead of time or have the preschoolers practice their scissor skills. Then hand over a glue stick, and see what he comes up with based on following the guide at the top of the printable. It can be a little tricky because the wings and the feet need to glued to the back side of the body instead of the front.
- For older kids you can print out both owl templates and let them mix and match the owl cut outs.
- Owl craft printable template (see article for free download)
- (Optional) Additional owl accessories like feathers, pom poms, markers or paint
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Glue Stick
- Download and print your owl craft template.
- Cut out the owl pieces.
- Assemble your owl craft and glue in place using the pattern on the printable craft template.
More Owl Printables & Crafty Fun from Kids Activities Blog
How did your printable owl craft turn out? Which color did you choose for your owl craft?